After feedback from the community on our initial Elliot Lake community design, and informal consultation with Elliot Lake planning, building, emergency services departments, and city staff we have updated the plan to include a number of key features:
- parking at each tiny home,
- snow storage at the corners of the development,
- 82-homes in the community,
- 8-pocket neighbourhoods,
- expanded 10,000 sq ft community center including:
- solar/small wind generation rooftop,
- commercial kitchen,
- dining room,
- coffee shop,
- artisans shops,
- co-working space,
- fitness center/yoga,
- health clinic.
- gazebos, community gardens (both flower & vegetable), picnic areas, firepits, community parks, greenhouse, community storage units,
- bus shelter,
- off-leash dog park.
Most features will be limited to community members, however some features will be accessible to the greater Elliot Lake community.