Today we launched a Twitter campaign to reach out to the 49 cities across Ontario that we have identified (based on population) as prospective first Tiny Town host cities. The Tweet simply asked whether the city would be Canada’s most progressive city dealing with #affordablehousing and #homelessness? While we expect with time all the cities we have identified will host a Tiny Town, we are in search of the monumental distinction of Canada’s #FirstTinyTown. Rather than trying to convince a city to host the first Tiny Town, we are seeking the city that realizes this one-time opportunity and wants to work with us to make it happen. We Tweeted to the city, mayor and local newspaper where available. We also included:
- the Premier of Ontario Kathleen Wynne @Kathleen_Wynne
- the Ontario Ministry of Housing @housingON
- the Ontario Government @ONgov
- the Minister of Families, Children and Social Development Jean-Yves Duclos @jyduclos
- the Minister issued the National Housing Strategy #nhs
- the Prime Minister of Canada Justin Trudeau @JustinTrudeau
Working through the rest of our 133 host city list, we will continue to Twitter campaign, province by province until we find Canada’s #FirstTinyTown location.