Tiny Town Association’s (TTA) success is dependent on attracting and retaining a diverse membership and stakeholder universe. Diversity, equity and inclusion are key ingredients in creating great outcomes, as the variety of thought, experience and culture results in creative and innovative decision-making and member/stakeholder satisfaction in the increasingly diverse field of affordable multifamily housing management.
Tiny Town Association (TTA) is committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all members of our community, including our residents, employees, and partners. We recognize that diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to fulfilling our mission of providing affordable micro-housing in Canada.
- Non-Discrimination: TTA provides equal opportunities for participation and engagement with all of its programs and services to all members and stakeholders, without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, familial status, sexual orientation or any additional protected category under federal, provincial and local law.
- Accessibility: We will make reasonable accommodations to ensure that all members of our community have equal access to our services and facilities. We will also work to remove barriers to accessibility and create an inclusive environment for people with disabilities.
- Recruitment and Hiring: We will actively seek out and recruit candidates from diverse backgrounds and ensure that our hiring processes are fair and equitable.
- Employee Development: We will provide opportunities for professional development and advancement for employees from diverse backgrounds.
- Community Engagement: We will engage with and seek input from the diverse communities we serve to ensure that our services meet their needs and to identify and address any disparities.
- Transparency and Accountability: We will be transparent in our efforts to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion and will hold ourselves accountable for achieving measurable results.
- Continuous Improvement: We will regularly review and assess our policies and practices to identify areas for improvement and make changes as necessary to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We believe that a diverse and inclusive community is a stronger community. We will continue to strive towards a culture of equity and respect